Women for Election opens booking for INSPIRE training courses in Dublin and Cork this June.
After last year’s amazing crowdfunding campaign, Women for Election is pleased to announce we are taking bookings for our first two INSPIRE training programmes of 2018. Thanks to the incredible generosity of those who donated to the crowdfunding campaign, we are able to subsidise the cost of places on INSPIRE. This means INSPIRE now costs €199, excluding booking fee.
We’ll be running our first training day in Dublin on June 9th and in Cork on June 23rd. We will be announcing more INSPIRE training dates in the coming weeks, including Galway and another Dublin event.
What is INSPIRE?
Our INSPIRE programme is a one-day programme. It introduces women interested in politics to political life in Ireland. Throughout the day we will focus on campaigns, communications, and confidence. Experienced experts will demystify politics and show you how ‘getting in’ is something you can accomplish. You will leave the day with the tools and direction to take your next step on your political journey.
On INSPIRE we
- tackle the confidence barrier and how it affects women in political life.
- build confidence and resilience.
- learn from various female elected representatives the challenges they have faced and most importantly, how they have overcome them.
- explain how campaigns work, outline the different kinds of political campaigns and build awareness of different skills and tools required (e.g. winning at party selection level vs. winning at an election).
- tell participants how to access the media and what media is appropriate for their campaign.
- provide an introduction to the basic media tools candidates will need for their campaign (press release, key messages for an interview, sound-bite etc).
- share the basic rules for message development and interview preparation.
Who can take part?
The INSPIRE programme is open to any women with an interest in politics or public life. It is specifically targeted at women who have an interest in becoming more politically involved – as a campaigner, candidate or campaign manager – and who may consider putting themselves forward for election in the future. We also serve women with leadership potential outside of politics – in business, trade unions, or the community and voluntary sector – that seek to influence politics or may consider politics as a future avenue in their career.
Sound like something you want to take part in? Book today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. We’d love to answer any questions you have.